Lincoln, MO (October 1, 2022) – A young girl was left with significant injuries following a traffic incident in Lincoln County. On September 29, emergency crews were called to the scene of the crash on Missouri State Route 79.
At approximately 7:53 p.m., a 1999 Buick Century crashed into the rear of a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu on Missouri State Route 79 just north of Brevator Road. The grass left both vehicles with significant damage.
An 11-year-old passenger inside of the Chevrolet from Winnfield, Missouri, was injured. The child was transported to SSM Health Lake St. Louis Hospital by Lincoln County EMS, where she underwent emergency care.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
We hope the child who suffered injuries in this accident is able to recover quickly.
Car Accidents in Missouri
Car accidents take place every day in the state of Missouri. These incidents at up to more than 55,000 people being hurt as a result of collisions annually. Unfortunately, there are many accidents that take place in our state. Some of the most common reported causes include:
- Distracted driving crashes: This is a leading cause of car accidents, as more and more drivers are using cell phones and other devices while behind the wheel. Distracted driving includes anything that takes your attention away from driving, such as talking on the phone, texting, eating, drinking, etc.
- Drunk driving crashes: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is extremely dangerous and is one of the leading causes of car accidents.
- Speeding crashes: Driving too fast for conditions is one of the leading causes of car accidents. Always make sure to drive the speed limit and slower if conditions warrant it.
- Reckless driving crashes: This can include things like tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, switching lanes in a reckless manner, and other actions that disregard the safety of others.
- Road rage crashes: This is a dangerous form of aggressive driving that can often lead to car accidents. If someone is driving aggressively or erratically, do your best to get out of the way and avoid them.
If you have been hurt in a crash that was caused by a negligent or reckless driver, it is important that you reach out to a car accident lawyer in Lincoln immediately. There may be legal options available to help you make a financial recovery.
At Peterson & Associates, P.C., we understand how difficult it can be for crash victims to move forward after suffering injuries in collisions. For this reason, we are committed to helping each person we represent seek the maximum compensation possible. We will help you get the money you need for medical costs in more.
Schedule a consultation with our legal team today by calling 816-888-8888. Our lawyers are available to get started on your case soon as possible.
Note: Our team of writers utilized secondary sources in the creation of this accident post. For that reason, the specifics regarding this accident have not been independently fact-checked and verified by our writing staff. If you locate any information that is not accurate, please notify us immediately so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. If you would like the post to be removed from our site, please let us know and we will do our best to remove it completely.
Disclaimer: As a well-respected member of the Kansas City, Missouri business community, Peterson & Associates, P.C. is always looking to increase the safety of and bring overall safety for all Missouri residents. We hope that by bringing awareness to the dangers associated with driving that people will exercise additional caution when operating a motor vehicle and avoid being injured in a serious crash. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. This post should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. The photos depicted in this post are not representative of the actual accident scene.